The money will also help to minimise the spread of the non-native invasive plant species (Himalayan Balsam and Rhododendron ponticum) that is currently killing trees in the and work to eradicate them in named sites of strategic importance.
What does NNIP stand for?
NNIP stands for Non-Native Invasive Plant (noxious plant)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NNIP
We have 2 other meanings of NNIP in our Acronym Attic
- Norrlands Nations Idrottsförening (Uppsala, Sweden)
- Northern Nigeria Investment Forum
- Novel Nutritional Immune Formula
- National Network for Immunization Information
- Northwest Nursery Improvement Institute
- No-Name Instant Messenger
- National Nanofabrication Infrastructure Network (Cornell University; Ithaca, NY)
- National Nanotechnology Infrastructure Network
- National Neighborhood Indicators Partnership
- Navy Network Interface Program
- Nasal Non-Invasive Positive Pressure Ventilation
- Nepal Nutrition Intervention Project Sarlahi (Sarlahi, Nepal)
- Non-Native Invasive Plant Species
- Novo Nordisk Inflammation Research Center (Seattle, WA)
- National Nuclear Decommissioning Authority Industry and Regulator Forum (UK)
- National Network for Immigrant and Refugee Rights
- National Nosocomial Infection Surveillance System
- National Nosocomial Infections Study (hospital-acquired infections)
- Newcastle Neighbourhood Information Service (UK)
- Nicky Neyah International Support
Samples in periodicals archive:
In southern forests, according to James Miller, research ecologist for the Forest Service's southern research station, some 10,000 native plant species must now compete with nearly 400 non-native invasive plants.
Be Plant Wise - this new government campaign is designed to help reduce the spread of non-native invasive plant species of pond and water plants.
Now the Government has given the go-ahead for the use of the psyllid insect, a predator of the plant in Japan, to act as a natural form of pest control - the first time such a solution has been used to help control the spread of a non-native invasive plant in Europe.
The Web site also has a listing of non-native invasive plants to avoid.
Opacum plant survey slated STURBRIDGE - The botanical survey of Opacum Woods for rare plant species, as well as non-native invasive plants, will conclude Sept.
We stayed away from pretty but non-native invasive plants like purple loosestrife and Japanese honeysuckle.
org --Hosting Texas' first statewide conference on non-native invasive plant species, November 17-19, 2005, www.