] If the church and state are so dissimilar, as Pope Benedict suggests, then perhaps the Holy See should give up its status as a non-member state permanent observer at the United Nations.
What does NMSPO stand for?
NMSPO stands for Non-Member State Permanent Observer (United Nations designation)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- National Movement for Stability and Progress (Bulgaria)
- Network Management Statistics Process
- New Mexico State Police
- New Mon State Party (Burma)
- Nie Moglem Sie Powstrzymac (Poland)
- New Mexico Society of Public Accountants
- New Sheriff and Police Athletic League
- New Mexico Suicide Prevention Coalition
- New Mexico Society of Professional Engineers
- Non-Markovian Stochastic Petri Net
- National Measurement Policy Unit (UK)
- National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test
- National Micropopulation Simulation Resource (University of Minnesota; Minneapolis, MN)
- New Media Service Ranking (Germany)
- New Mexicans for Science and Reason
- New Mexico State Road (highway)
- National Maritime Strategic Risk Assessment
- Nepal Medical Sales Representative Association
- New Mexico Soccer Referee Association
- New Mexico Society for Respiratory Care (professional group; Albuquerque, NM)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The campaign urges sending the following message to Secretary-General Kofi Annan: "As a UN Non-member State Permanent Observer, the Holy See often enjoys a unique status as a voting partner with countries at UN conferences.
But the leadership faction within the Roman Catholic church has been fairly successful in impeding the United States' and United Nations' efforts to deal with the problem, thanks to its political savvy and its unique position as a Non-Member State Permanent Observer at the UN General Assembly.