Neds stands for Non-Educated Delinquents making up the teen gangs that wreak havoc in the poorer neighborhoods of the outskirts of Glasgow.
What does NED stand for?
NED stands for Non-Educated Delinquent (Scotland)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of NED
We have 100 other meanings of NED in our Acronym Attic
- New England Dragway (racing; Epping, NH)
- New English Dictionary
- New Equipment Digest (magazine)
- New Era Dianetics (by L. Ron Hubbard)
- New Exporter Development (Austrade)
- Nikkei Electronics Digital (magazine; Japan)
- No Evidence of Disease
- No Expiration Date (coupons)
- Noble Engineering & Development
- Non Educated Delinquent
- Non-Executive Director
- NonStop Enterprise Division (Hewlett-Packard)
- Normalized Euclidian Distance
- North East Derbyshire (UK)
- North East Down
- Northeast Distant Statistical Sampling Area (fisheries)
- Northern Electricity Department (Ghana)
- Not Enough Data
- Notice of Election and Demand (Foreclosure)
- Nuclear Effects Directorate
Samples in periodicals archive:
It's full and on for almost stracting, efly to utter th your a comedy ut friendship ma about NEDS (18) CAST: Conor McCarron, Peter Mullan, Joe Szula, Gregg Forrest PLOT: The title stands for Non-Educated Delinquents, a non-PC term which signals the film is set in the 1970s, when teachers smoked in the classroom and disciplined pupils with the belt.
Ned - sometimes said to stand for Non-Educated Delinquent - is actually just a shortened form of the name Edward.
Those responsible are not neds - aka non-educated delinquents - dedicated to avoiding work and causing mayhem and misery wherever they go.
It stated the term was an acronym meaning non-educated delinquent, a categorisation that was degrading and hurtful.