Reduction in noise-induced temporary threshold shift in humans following oral magnesium intake.
What does NITTS stand for?
NITTS stands for Noise-Induced Temporary Threshold Shift
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Network Independent Transport Service
- Network Integrated Transmission Service (various power utilities)
- Northern Ireland Target Sports Association
- National Information Technology Strategy Plan (Mauritius)
- Non Propulsion Electronic Systems (NPES) Integration and Test Support System
- Northern Ireland Teachers' Superannuation Scheme
- Nighttime in the Switching Yard (song by Warren Zevon)
- National Institute of Technology, Trichy (India)
- Nigerian Institute of Transport Technology (Zaria, Nigeria)
- Northern Ireland Timber Trade Association (UK)
- National Institute of Technical Teachers' Training and Research (India)
- National In-Transit Visibility
- National Indigenous Television (Australia)
- National Institute for Truth Verification
- National Iranian Television
- Network for Instructional TV, Inc. (Reston, VA)
- Not In This Version
- National Institute of Technology Warangal (Warangal, Andhra Pradesh, India)
- Nourished in the Word (Dawsonville, GA)
- Network Identity and Time Zone
Samples in periodicals archive:
These findings suggest that antagonizing non-NMDA glutamate receptors attenuates a noise-induced temporary threshold shift.
We conducted a study to determine whether N-Acetyl-cysteine (NAC) protected men against noise-induced temporary threshold shift (TTS), and whether subgroups with genetic polymorphisms of glutathione S-transferase (GST) T1 and M1 responded to NAC differently.