Chiarelli said he informed Thomas, whose no-movement clause expired in July, of the deal, and that the goaltender "was comfortable with it and is at peace with himself.
What does NMC stand for?
NMC stands for No-Movement Clause (National Hockey League contracts)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of NMC
We have 292 other meanings of NMC in our Acronym Attic
- Nippon Micrometal Corporation (Japan)
- Nippon Mirai Capital (Japan)
- Nipro Medical Corporation (various locations)
- Nishtar Medical College (Multan, Pakistan)
- Nissan Motor Corporation
- Nittetsu Mining Company (Japan)
- No Miata Content
- No Missing Codes
- No More Comment (s)
- No MX5 Content (MX5 owners club forum posts)
- Noble Metal Catalyst (chemistry)
- Non-Member Countries (various organizations)
- Non-Mission Capable
- Non-Monte-Carlo (algorithms)
- Non-Zero-Mean Channel
- Nonmorphogenic Calli
- Nonprofit Management Center (various locations)
- Nonprofit Management Certificate (various universities)
- Normal Meter Cubed
- Normal Mode Coupling (semiconductor)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Howard has no control over where he is traded; he does not have a no-movement clause.
The SportingNews story notes that agents will be taking action on future big money contracts to include no-movement clauses to ensure teams don't bury their clients in the AHL or send them to Prog.
Kaberle has a no-movement clause in his contract but, according to Sportsnet.
But there's some question about whether Sturm has a complete no-movement clause, which would prohibit a demotion, or a simple no-trade clause.
Another possibility is a trade, although the B's are limited by no-trade or no-movement clauses in the contracts of eight players.
Both new contracts include a no-movement clause, which Chara had in his previous deal, but Bergeron did not.