Around 20,000 Evertonians signed a petition to which resulted in Everton running a vote and ensuring the words nil satis nisi optimum were reinstated back to the club's badge.
What does NSNO stand for?
NSNO stands for Nil Satis Nisi Optimum (Latin: nothing but the best will do)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of NSNO
We have 2 other meanings of NSNO in our Acronym Attic
- Nova Scotia Nursing Informatics Group
- Netaji Subhas National Institute of Sports (India)
- North Sails New Jersey (Manasquan, NJ)
- National Skills Needs List (Australia)
- Nippon Steel Neftegazstroy Limited
- NS Nephtegazstroy Limited (Russia)
- National Stock Number Master Data Record (Army)
- New Schools for New Orleans (New Orleans, LA)
- NGF (Nerve Growth Factor) Stimulation of Neurite Outgrowth (bioelectromagnetics)
- Nil Satis Nisi Optimum (forum)
- National Safety Nets Programme (Malawi)
- National School Nutrition Programme (South Africa)
- No Smoking, No Pets (housing industry)
- Norris Square Neighborhood Project (Philadelphia, PA)
- Nova Scotia Nominee Program
- National Strategy for Neighbourhood Renewal (UK)
- New Substances Notification Regulation (Canada)
- No Surrender No Retreat
- Normalized Signal-to-Noise Ratio (ultrasonics)
- National Social Norms Resource Center
Samples in periodicals archive:
It has done away with the famous laurel wreaths and also ditched the Latin motto Nil Satis Nisi Optimum, which means No Trophies, Even Less Optimism.
10) One for the Latin scholars here - which three Premier League teams' badge emblems are as follows: a) Nil satis nisi optimum, b) Superbia in proelia & c) Audere est facere Answers - P8
Everyone here at Nil Satis Nisi Optimum hopes that all Evertonians, who have travelled, are safe and well and that each and every one of you returns home unscathed after watching our beloved team this evening.
Dave Martin Nil Satis Nisi Optimum TINKERING with the squad is all well and good but the changes Bob keeps making are too frequent to allow stability QAand he runs a real risk of destroying the confidence of the team by un-needed rotations.
Nil satis nisi optimum has to be the benchmark for off-the-field performance as well as on it.
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM SWEENEY -MAUREEN, January 29,2014.
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum JOHNSON - THOMAS, November 23, 2013.