Under development by Germany, Italy and the United States, MEADS is a ground mobile air and missile defense (AMD) system that will replace Patriot in the United States and Nike Hercules in Italy.
What does HERC stand for?
HERC stands for Nike Hercules
This definition appears somewhat frequently
See other definitions of HERC
We have 49 other meanings of HERC in our Acronym Attic
- Human Effects Review Board
- Hanscom Electronic Request for Proposal Bulletin Board
- Hybrid Education and Research Base for Information Exchange (Germany)
- Health Economics Resource Center
- Heavy Engineering Repair and Construction
- Herculean Fighting Machine (gaming)
- Higher Education Research Centre (UK)
- Homeland Emergency Response Cell
- Human Evolution Research Center (University of California Berkeley)
- Hershey Entertainment and Resort Company
- Horizontal Elliptical Reinforced Concrete Pipe
- Humaniform-Emulation Roboticized Combat Unit with Leg-Articulated Navigation (StarSiege game)
- Heat Exchange Research and Condensation (evaluation)
- Heavy Equipment Recovery Combat Utility Lift Evacuation System (C-130)
- High Efficiency and Resolution Canterbury University Large Echelle Spectrograph (New Zealand)
- High Efficiency Research and Development on Combustion with Ultra Low Emissions for Ships (MAN Diesel and Wartsila co-operative)
- Higher European Research Course for Users of Large Experimental Systems (est. 1990)
- Health and Environmental Review Division
- High-Explosive Research & Development
Samples in periodicals archive:
Later in my career, I also found my knowledge valuable during a field exercise conducted in Europe using Nike Hercules as a surface-to-surface weapons system.
Yonhap News quoted an Air Force spokesman as saying the civilian Korea Express truck that caught fire was loaded with two Nike Hercules missile boosters containing solid fuel, which immediately burns out after being ignited.
In addition, the exhibit will feature a 41-foot Nike Hercules Missile, based at the Nike Missile Launch Site near the Marin Headland and Point Bonita Lighthouse, that was originally used to defend against possible air strikes during the Cold War.
Under development by Germany, Italy and the United States, MEADS is a mobile system that will replace Patriot in the United States and Nike Hercules in Italy.
Putting human decision makers back into the control loop does not mean that we try to "turn the clock back" to the good old days of Nike Hercules and Hawk and merely reemphasize traditional control strategies and procedures.
The Nike Hercules missile was mistakenly fired into the sky from an antiaircraft unit in Inchon, west of Seoul, and exploded in midair seconds later as a result of a built-in self-destruction program.
MEADS is the mobile air and missile defense system that will replace Patriot systems in the United States and Nike Hercules systems in Italy, and will supplement and eventually replace Patriot systems in Germany.