Another study, "The Potential Effect of Global Warming and Sea Level Rise in Victoria Island and Lekki," conducted by the Nigerian Institute for Oceanography and Marine Research (NIOMR), reveals that, besides the possible loss of property, the land mass of Victoria Island and nearby Lekki (an equally highbrow seaside residential area) could shrink by as much as 230 square miles due to coastal erosion and rising sea level.
What does NIOMR stand for?
NIOMR stands for Nigerian Institute for Oceanography and Marine Research
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 2 other meanings of NIOMR in our Acronym Attic
- National Institute for the Orthopedically Handicapped
- National Institute of Occupational Health (Ahmedabad, India)
- National Institute of Ophthalmology and Hospital (Bangladesh)
- Not In Our House
- National Institute of Occupational Health Denmark
- National Institute for Occupational Health and Safety (US CDC)
- Nissan-Industrial Oxygen Incorporated (Berhad, Malaysia)
- Nederlandse Intra Oculaire Implant Club (Dutch: Dutch Intra-ocular Implant Club)
- Neurophysiologic Intraoperative Monitoring
- Niagara Institute of Music and Arts
- Not in Our Name (anti-war group)
- Not in Our Name Sonoma County
- National Institute of Oilseed Products
- Navy Interoperability Profile
- Netherlands Indian Ocean Programme (climatology)
- New in Open Package
- National Iranian Oil Products Distribution Company
- National Iranian Oil, Refinery and Distribution Company
- National Institute of Open Schooling (India)
- Nederlands Instituut Opleiding Sportartsen (Dutch: Dutch Institute of Sports Physicians Training)