We spoke to our colleagues and their kidnappers today," the national secretary of the Nigeria Union of Journalists, Usman Leman, told AFP.
What does NUJ stand for?
NUJ stands for Nigeria Union of Journalists
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NUJ
We have 1 other meaning of NUJ in our Acronym Attic
- Northwestern University Interdepartmental Neuroscience
- National Uniformity Implementation Panel (radiation protection; Australia)
- Newcastle University International Postgraduate Scholarship (Tyne, UK)
- National Union of Israeli Students
- National Urban Information System (India)
- Navy Unit Identification System
- NORAD-USNORTHCOM Intelligence System
- NORAD/NORTHCOM Intelligence Support System
- Northwestern University Information Technology (Evanston, IL)
- National Union of Journalists
- National Union of Journalists India
- Norwich University Journal of Information Assurance (Northfield, VT)
- National Union of Jewish LGBT Students
- National Union of Journalists, Nepal (International Federation of Journalists member; Nepal)
- National Union of Journalists of the Philippines
- National University of Juridical Sciences (India)
- National Union of Journalists of Ukraine
- National Union of Jordanian Youth
- Nardona in Univerzitetna Knjižnica (National and University Library) (Ljubljana, Slovenia)
- Nari Uddug Kendra (Bengali: Center for Women's Initiatives; Bangladesh)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Abdulwahab Oba, chairman of the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) in Lagos, Sylva Okereke, the union's assistant secretary and Adolphus Okonkwo, a regional secretary of the union, were kidnapped at gunpoint, a member of the executive, Jemi Ekunkunbor, told AFP.
Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) has alerted the police in the country's capital over a plot to kill four journalists, urging adequate security for them and their families, officials said Saturday.