The IETF is working on protocols relevant to Layer 2 switching, and it is moving closer to publishing RFCs for Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), Multiprotocol over ATM (MPOA), the Next Hop Resolution Protocol (NHRP), and related protocols.
What does NHRP stand for?
NHRP stands for Next Hop Resolution Protocol
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of NHRP
We have 8 other meanings of NHRP in our Acronym Attic
- Northern Hemisphere Reference Line
- Native Hawaiian Revolving Loan Fund
- Non-Hemophilia-Related Muscle Atrophy
- Northwest Human Resource Management Association
- New Hanover Regional Medical Center (Wilmington, NC)
- New Hampshire Radio Network
- National Human Rights Observatory (Democratic Republic of the Congo)
- National Human Rights Office (Latvia)
- Norton Healthcare Research Office (est. 2001; Louisville, KY)
- National Hispanic Recognition Program
- Northwoods Hospice Respite Partners (Ely, MN)
- New Hampshire Recreation and Park Association
- National Human Research Protections Advisory Committee
- Next Hop Resolution Protocol
- National Health Reference Price List
- National High Risk Registry (Strang Cancer Prevention Center; New York, NY)
- Natural Hazard Risk Reduction (Organization of American States)
- Naval Hospital Roosevelt Roads
- New Haven Rail Road
- New Hope and Ivyland Rail Road
Samples in periodicals archive:
IP over ATM networks: Comparison of IP and ATM networks the use and limitations of "Classical IP over ATM" benefits of the use of "cut through" ATM virtual channel connections compared with the use of IP routing using the Next Hop Resolution Protocol (NHRP) to provide "cut through" connections integrating the quality of service techniques of IP networks with those of ATM networks.
It is co-located with router functionality, interfaces efficiently with a Layer 3 route determination facility and supports the next-hop routing protocol, Next Hop Resolution Protocol (NHRP) server implementation as specified by The Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF).