has been selected as part of a team to build NASA's James Webb Space Telescope, formerly known as Next Generation Space Telescope.
What does NGST stand for?
NGST stands for Next Generation Space Telescope
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NGST
We have 1 other meaning of NGST in our Acronym Attic
- Northrop Grumman Ship Systems
- Now Go Sell Something
- National Graduate School in Scientific Computing (Sweden)
- Northrop Grumman Space Systems Division
- Next Generation Sunshine State Standards (education; Florida)
- National Graduate School of Space Technology (Sweden)
- New Generation Sea Surface Temperature
- Natural Gas Services Training (Leeds, West Yorkshire, England, UK)
- Neuronal Group Selection Theory
- Next Generation Shopping Tool
- Northrop-Grumman Space Technology
- Non-Government School Term Hostels Programme (Australia)
- Nationwide Group Staff Union (UK)
- Negotiating Group on Services
- National Gallery of the Spoken Word
- National Gerontological Social Work Conference (New York, NY)
- National Glyphosate Sustainability Working Group (Australia)
- NASA Ground Terminal
- Naso-Gastric Tube
- National Grid Transco (UK gas transporter)
Samples in periodicals archive:
If the very first stars had a quiet birth, then the proposed successor to Hubble, the Next Generation Space Telescope, might have a hard time observing them, Gilmore says.
For an intriguing glimpse of what's over the horizon, check out the Next Generation Space Telescope site at http://ngst.
Applications that will utilize the infrared imaging sensor include several of the world's largest ground-based telescopes; the arrays are also one of the candidates for NASA's Next Generation Space Telescope (NGST).
Detecting many of these faint bodies requires a keen eye, such as the Next Generation Space Telescope.
RSC designed this multiplexer to build the focal plane arrays for possible use on NASA's Next Generation Space Telescope (NGST), which will be the successor to the Hubble Space Telescope.
Or, it might take an instrument such as the Next Generation Space Telescope, the proposed follow-up mission to the Hubble Space Telescope, Loeb says.
10, 2001 A team led by Lockheed Martin Space Systems has submitted a proposal to the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) for the Next Generation Space Telescope (NGST), a key mission in NASA's Origins Program.