In fact, as the next generation broadband wireless standard, WiMAX leverages the advantages of DOCSIS(R) by employing much of the MAC technology from the wired predecessor.
What does NGBW stand for?
NGBW stands for Next Generation Broadband Wireless
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of NGBW
- National Green Building Standard (ANSI accredited standard used to construct green residential homes)
- Next Generation Bomb Suit (US DHS)
- Next Generation Bomber Study (US Air Force)
- Next Generation Broadband Services (Ciena)
- Next Generation Business System (Tadiran Business Systems, Ltd.)
- Next-Generation Business Support System (trademark of Amdocs; Chesterfield, MO)
- Negotiating Group on Basic Communications
- Negotiations on Basic Telecommunications (World Trade Organization)
- North Gauteng Bridge Union (South Africa)
- Next Generation Biology Workbench (bioinformatics)
- Nantucket Garden Club
- National Gallery of Canada
- National Garden Clubs, Inc (St. Louis, MO)
- National Garifuna Council of Belize
- National Gas Company
- National Gateway Center
- National Geographic Channel (TV)
- National Geospatial Intelligence College
- National Glass Center (UK)
- National Golf Challenge (Entertainment and Sports Programming Network)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Sprint is testing next generation broadband wireless technology with several vendors, two of which are Navini Networks and IPWireless, Inc.
In addition, a key issue for cable companies is whether their wholesale arrangement with Clearwire can bundle competitive offerings that can successfully offset the significant threat from next generation broadband wireless networks as the telecom industry transitions more and more traffic longer-term to wireless.
ABOUT COMMASIC CommASIC is a fabless, semiconductor company that designs and supplies baseband solutions for next generation broadband wireless devices.
The company's Wireless Multi-service Architecture offers a compelling vision of how next generation broadband wireless services can be profitably delivered to cities and businesses.
Beijing University of Post & Telecom, and Beijing ShiJinShan District Government to build the next generation broadband wireless demonstration network.
The arrival of OS-Spectra, a WiMAX compatible point-to-point wireless system, delivers breakthrough performance with advanced functionality Orthogon Systems(TM), a leading provider of high performance point-to-point broadband wireless systems, today announced the availability of the OS-Spectra, its next generation broadband wireless Ethernet bridge.
CommASIC is a fabless, semiconductor company that designs and supplies baseband solutions for next generation broadband wireless devices.