King played an instrumental role in one of the Steelworkers larger organizing drives at Newport News Shipbuilding in Virginia.
What does NNS stand for?
NNS stands for Newport News Shipbuilding
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of NNS
We have 93 other meanings of NNS in our Acronym Attic
- Nashville Numbering System (sheet music)
- National Natality Survey
- National Numeracy Strategy
- National Nutritional Survey
- Neighborhood Nuclear Superiority (Michael Nesmith)
- Network Name Services (Nortel)
- Network Node Server (Cisco)
- Neural Network Simulator
- New Neoclassical Synthesis (economics)
- Newhouse News Service
- Nippon Television Network System (Japan)
- Nmap Network Scanning (open source utility; Nmap Security Scanner)
- Non-Native Speaking
- Non-Native Species
- Non-Native Student
- Non-Nerve Sparing
- NoNameScript (gaming)
- Nonproliferation and National Security
- Norfolk Naval Shipyard (Portsmouth, VA)
- Northern Neck Solutions, Inc (Kilmarnock, VA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In 1995 Newport News Shipbuilding engineers began designing the ninth Nimitz-class nuclear-powered aircraft carrier, Ronald Reagan (CVN 76).
announced Monday that it has successfully completed the ``stand up'' of Newport News Shipbuilding as a fully integrated sector of the company.
This was the case with the Abu Dhabi Shipbuilding Company venture with Newport News Shipbuilding of the United States.
Under separately awarded contracts from Northrop Grumman Ship Systems and Newport News Shipbuilding, DRS is providing electrical plant equipment design work for the CVN-78 and the Navy's new next-generation DD(X) destroyer programs.
8 /PRNewswire/ -- Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE: NOC) and Newport News Shipbuilding Inc.
Carriers Get Mid-Life Boost Nimitz (CVN 68) departed Newport News Shipbuilding on 25 June, right, at the completion of a three-year refueling and complex overhaul (RCOH).
BUSINESS WIRE)--June 4, 2001 Cypress Corporation announced today that the innovation and return-on-investment it achieved for Newport News Shipbuilding (NNS) has earned the company a finalist position in the 2001 RealWare Awards.