26) New York is one such "deferral" state, (27) where the New York State Division of Human Rights (28) implements the New York State Human Rights Law (NYSHRL).
What does NYSHRL stand for?
NYSHRL stands for New York State Human Rights Law (New York)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- New York State Higher Education Services Corp.
- New York State Health Facilities Association
- New York State Housing Finance Agency
- New York Safe House II
- New York State Health Insurance Program
- New York State High School Math League
- Native Youth Sexual Health Network (US and Canada)
- New York Society for Health Planning (Commack, NY)
- New York State Horse Pullers Association
- New York State Historic Preservation Office (also seen as SHPO)
- New York State High School
- New York State Historical Society
- New York State Horticultural Society (est. 1855)
- New York State Head Start Association
- New York State High School Football Coaches Association
- New York State Hospitality & Tourism Association
- New York Society of Independent Accountants (Rye Brook, NY)
- New York Software Industry Association
- New York State Internal Control Association
- New York State Independent College Consortium for Study in India
Samples in periodicals archive:
Judge Lehner extended for the first time two key principles of federal anti-discrimination jurisprudence to a case brought under the New York State Human Rights Law and the New York City Human Rights Law.
The unions have expressly agreed on behalf of their members that the grievance and arbitration procedures are "the sole and exclusive remedies for violations" of, among other statutes, Title VII, the New York City and the New York State Human Rights laws.