On the one hand, there were many deaf Jews who had attended deaf schools and were integrated into mainstream deaf cultural organizations--notably the New York School for the Deaf in Fanwood, which fostered ties with Jewish clubs, and the National Fraternal Society of the Deaf.
What does NYSD stand for?
NYSD stands for New York School for the Deaf
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NYSD
We have 10 other meanings of NYSD in our Acronym Attic
- New York State Common Retirement Fund
- New York State Coastal Resources Interpretive Program (New York State Department of State)
- New York State Center for School Safety (New York State Education Department)
- New York State Council for the Social Studies (est. 1938)
- New York State Council of School Superintendents
- New York State Collegiate Track Conference
- New York State Convention of Universalists
- New York State Credit Union League
- New York State Car Wash Association
- National Youth Service Day
- New York Sour Diesel (marijuana strain)
- New York Southern District
- New York Sports Day
- New York State Division Committee
- North Yorkshire & South Durham (Cricket League)
- New York State Defenders Association
- New York State Dental Association
- New York State Divers Association
- New York State District Attorneys Association
- New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets
Samples in periodicals archive:
Currently, K12 Alerts is being used by the New York School for the Deaf as well as the Hallen School for children and young adults with disabilities.
Lang (research and teacher education, National Technical Institute for the Deaf) describes how Panara's passion for reading, spurred by his own deafness, benefited students at the New York School for the Deaf, Gallaudet U.