New Yorkers, who have been hammered by high utility costs and unreliable utility service, desperately need an independent watchdog that has the legal authority to bark, and when necessary bite, to protect their interests," said Russ Haven, Legislative Counsel with New York Public Interest Research Group (NYPIRG).
What does NYPIRG stand for?
NYPIRG stands for New York Public Interest Research Group
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- New York Plant Genomics Consortium
- New York Presbyterian Hospital
- North York Public Health Department (Canada)
- Navy Yard Philadelphia (US Navy; Philadelphia, PA)
- Northern and Yorkshire Public Health Observatory (University of Durham; United Kingdom)
- New York Prospective Hospital Reimbursement Methodology
- National Youth Professionals Institute
- National Yunlin Polytechnic Institute (Taiwan)
- New York Prostate Institute
- New York Psychiatric Institute
- New York Property Insurance Underwriting Association
- New York Police Judiciaire
- New York Paintball League (Syracuse, NY)
- New York Public Library
- New York-Penn League (athletics organization)
- National Yellow Pages Management (Louisville, KY)
- New York Perl Mongers (programming group)
- New York Philomusica
- New York Parent Network, Inc.
- New York Progressive Network (New York, NY)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Given the current credit squeeze, the governor's proposal will help students," said Blair Homer, legislative director for the New York Public Interest Research Group.
Blair Horner, legislative director for the New York Public Interest Research Group, spoke about the need to apportion staff and office budgets equally, with differences in accounting for district size and office rent ironed out in the budget process.
Neil Rosenstein, of the New York Public Interest Research Group, on local election boards around the country denying college students the right to vote by allowing only "permanent residents" to cast ballots.
If people want to pray, more power to them," Blair Homer of the New York Public Interest Research Group told Newsday.
The New York Public Interest Research Group (NY PIRG) has called on CPSC to reconsider the decision not to recall the toy, and ask manufacturers to stop selling it until an appropriate warning label can be added to the product.
It was developed for BEDC by the Community Mapping Assistance Project (CMAP), which was created in 1997 as a venture of the New York Public Interest Research Group Fund, Inc.
Laura Haight, senior environmental associate with New York Public Interest Research Group, Albany, and head of New York's Bigger, Better Bottle Bill Coalition (BBBBC), says that altering New York's bottle bill to include non-carbonated beverage containers would divert an additional 2.