New York Lawyers for the Public Interest is a nonprofit, civil rights group that strives for social justice.
What does NYLPI stand for?
NYLPI stands for New York Lawyers for the Public Interest
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- New York Law Journal
- Nashoba Youth Lacrosse League (Maynard, MA)
- National Youth Leadership Network (Pierre, SD)
- New York Loves Nanotech (economic development)
- North Yorkshire Lotus Owners Club
- National Youth Literacy Providers (Australia)
- New York Legal Publishing Corporation (Albany, NY)
- New York Libertarian Party
- New York Limited Partnership
- Newark Youth Leadership Project (New Jersey)
- New York London Paris Munich
- North Yorkshire Local Resilience Forum (UK)
- New York Land Services (est. 1986)
- New York Law School (New York, New York)
- New York Literary Society (Brooklyn, NY)
- New York Living Solutions (real estate; New York, NY)
- New York Longitudinal Study
- Navy Yoelii Liver Stage 3
- National Young Leaders State Conference
- New York Law School Journal of Human Rights
Samples in periodicals archive:
In March 2006, litigation was filed by the Bazelon Center for Mental Health Law, Disability Advocates, and New York Lawyers for the Public Interest, among others, claiming that New York State officials violated the Americans with Disabilities Act by transferring mentally ill patients from state psychiatric hospitals into locked nursing home units.
Chesler has also been recognized for his commitment to public service and is a recipient of the Human Relations Award from the Anti-Defamation League, the Law & Society Award from New York Lawyers for the Public Interest and the Judge Simon H.
The 2010 New York Times Company Nonprofit Excellence Awards Gold Prize went to Sadie Nash Leadership Project, while God's Love We Deliver and New York Lawyers for the Public Interest received the Silver and Bronze awards.
the New York Lawyers for the Public Interest, the Brooklyn Academy of Music and the International League for Human Rights.
MINNEAPOLIS -- Kroll Ontrack[R], the industry's largest provider of paper and electronic discovery, computer forensics, ESI consulting, and courtroom and presentation services, today announced it is partnering with New York Lawyers for the Public Interest (NYLPI), a prominent, non-profit, civil rights law firm striving to achieve social justice through impact litigation, systemic reform, community organizing and advocacy.
NEW YORK, March 4 /PRNewswire/ -- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP, one of the world's leading law firms, today announced that New York Lawyers for the Public Interest has selected Richard J.
Specifically, as Chair of the Downstate New York Committee of the American College of Trial Lawyers, he institutionalized teaching programs for young lawyers working at Legal Services, New York Lawyers for the Public Interest, and the Corporation Counsel of the City of New York.