New York City Department of Corrections (DOC) staff and inmates came together to help those affected by Hurricane Sandy by donating resources and aiding in storm cleanup, according to the New York Times.
What does NYCD stand for?
NYCD stands for New York City Department of Correction
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NYCD
We have 3 other meanings of NYCD in our Acronym Attic
- New York Chefs Cooking for Life
- New York City Central Labor Council
- New York City Church of Christ (New York, NY)
- New York Convention Center Operating Corporation (New York City)
- New York City Communities of Color HIV/AIDS (New York)
- New York City Capital Resource Corporation (New York City Economic Development Corporation)
- New York Center for Computational Science
- New York City College of Technology (City University of New York)
- New York Capital District
- New York Celtic Dancers
- New York City Dance Alliance
- New York Conservatory for Dramatic Arts (New York, NY)
- New York City Digital Assistant Users' Group
- New York City District Council of Carpenters
- New York City Department of City Planning
- New York City Department of Design and Construction
- New York City Department of Education
- New York City Department of Environmental Protection
- New York City Department of Health
- New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
Samples in periodicals archive:
Last week the plumbers pledged allegiance, then the Chinese-American Business Women's Association, the New York City Department of Correction Hispanic Society, and for good measure, the Upper West Side Jewish Leaders.
OTC Bulletin Board: STIY), a leader in electro-stun technology, today announced that the North Carolina Department of Corrections has purchased Stinger Systems' electro-stun Band-It prisoner restraint systems and Ice Shield crowd control electronic stun shields, and the New York City Department of Corrections has purchased Ice Shields.
A sellout event in January 1996 entitled "Meet the Chiefs of Public Construction" and nicknamed "Hail to the Commish," welcomed 22 senior representatives, including several commissioners and deputy commissioners from such agencies as the Port Authority of NY/NJ, NJ Transit, the New York City Department of Transportation, the New York City Department of Buildings, the New York City Department of Corrections, the School Construction Authority and New York State agencies.
But the New York City Department of Corrections soon discovered Resolution - as the ship was then called - was a costly mistake.
PHS"), have reached an agreement in principle on a two-year contract for PHS to provide administrative services related to the provision of comprehensive medical, mental health, dental and ancillary services to inmates in the custody of the New York City Department of Correction.
That is the mantra of the New York City Department of Correction.
Status: Held by New York City Department of Corrections on conviction for state weapons charge.