A New Year's resolution is defined as a commitment that a person makes to one or more personal goals, projects or the reforming of a habit.
What does NYR stand for?
NYR stands for New Year's Resolution
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of NYR
We have 14 other meanings of NYR in our Acronym Attic
- New York Public Transit Association (New York, NY)
- New York Prosecutors Training Institute (continuing legal education)
- North Yorkshire Partnership Unit (UK)
- National Youth Project Using Minibikes
- New York Quarterly (poetry publication)
- New York Quality Assurance System (New York State Department of Health)
- New York Quotation Company (New York Stock Exchange subsidiary)
- New York Quality Improvement Organization
- New York Quality Pottery
- New York Qin Society
- New York Rangers
- Normalized One-Year Return Rate (TL 9000)
- Northern York Region (Canada)
- Not Yet Rated (dance group)
- Not Yet Returned
- National Youth Rights Association
- Neuse Yacht Racing Association (North Carolina)
- Nevada Young Readers' Award (Nevada Library Association)
- New York Racing Association
- New York Racquetball Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
Byline: Miriam Stoppard 1 Making a New Year's resolution inspires your sense of self-worth.
According to Oxfam, 73% of Brits made a new year's resolution last year - and half of those were to lose weight.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Most of us have made some sort of New Year's resolution in the past.
Center your New Year's resolution on ditching those unhealthy habits because there's a high chance of success from today
3 -- color) Shinita Crayton, 29, tax preparer ``It's too cold to go to the gym and keep up that New Year's resolution, so I'm just sitting around the house and then I go to work.
Make it your New Year's resolution to take more time to crack the books and less time to hang out with the girls.
I DANCE for Hulme Academy of Dance and my New Year's resolution this year would be to pass my Elementary Acrobatics exam.