Michael Traber played an instrumental role in the debates about the New World Information Order, as then editor of Media Development.
What does NWIO stand for?
NWIO stands for New World Information Order
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Northwest Indian Fisheries Commission
- North West Institute of Further and Higher Education (UK)
- National Warranty Insurance Group (Lincoln, NE)
- New West Indian Guide
- Nieuwe West Indische GIds (Dutch: New West Indian Guide)
- No Way In Hell
- North West Independent Hospital (UK)
- Northwest Indiana Intergroup
- Nebraska-Western Iowa Mensa
- North West Improvement Network (UK)
- Naval Warfare Information Publication
- Naval Warfare Information Publications
- New Work Item Proposal
- Northern Wind Innovation Programme (England, UK)
- Nuclear Weapons Inheritance Project (student movement)
- Northwest Iowa Planning and Development Commission
- North Western International Rowing Association
- National Wine Industry Research Cluster (Australia)
- North Western Injury Research Collaboration (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
membership, but it was UNESCO's proposed New World Information Order (NWIO) that finally proved to be the last straw.
Especially outrageous was the proposed New World Information Order, under which UNESCO would license all journalists, broadcasters, and media personnel.