British beef exports to the European Union were halted in 1996 to stop the spread of BSE, which has been linked to fatal human brain disorder new variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease.
What does NVCJD stand for?
NVCJD stands for New Variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- National Vintage Communications Fair (antique fair; England, UK)
- Northern Virginia Community Foundation
- National Volunteer Coast Guard (Somalia)
- Nederlandse Vereniging Cosmetische Geneeskunde (Dutch: Dutch Association of Cosmetic Medicine)
- Northern Virginia Counseling Group (est. 1993; now National Counseling Group, Inc.)
- Napa Valley Community Housing (Napa, CA)
- Northern Virginia Community Hospital (Herndon, VA)
- Nevada Cancer Institute
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention
- Northern Virginia Criminal Justice Training Academy (Ashburn, VA)
- North Vancouver City Library (Canada)
- Northern Virginia Central Labor Council (Annandale, VA)
- Nyack-Valley Cottage Little League (New York)
- Noe Valley Chamber Music (San Fransisco, CA)
- Nebraska Video Conference Network (Nebraska State Division of Communications)
- Northern Virginia Council of Nurse Practitioners
- National Council for Voluntary Organisations (UK)
- National Voluntary Childcare Organisation (Ireland)
- Nashoba Valley Chamber of Commerce
- National Vehicle Certification Program (Colleyville, TX)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This finding led to bans in the wild meat trade from Nan Shan Zhong (Guangzhou Respiratory Disease Research Institute) similar to the ban on eating nervous system tissue from cows that was implemented after new variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease emerged in Britain.
Differences in New Variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease Compared to CJD * Younger age of onset; average age of onset was 29 years (ranging from 16-48 years).
24 Kyodo The head of an expert panel of the Health, Labor and Welfare Ministry expressed his view Thursday that a teenage girl in a Tokyo area hospital does not have new variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (nvCJD), a fatal brain-wasting illness linked to mad cow disease, as earlier suspected.
25 Kyodo An expert panel of the Health, Labor and Welfare Ministry said Thursday the possibility is low that a teenage girl in a Tokyo area hospital has new variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (nvCJD), a fatal brain-wasting illness linked to mad cow disease, as earlier feared.
Mr Babey was diagnosed with new variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (nvCJD) only five months ago.
As more evidence emerges linking mad cow disease to the human version of new variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease, European governments are struggling to cope with consumer panic and collapse of the beef trade.
Mad cow disease, or bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE), is believed to spread by people eating infected beef, There is no proof it or its human counterpart, new variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (nvCJD), spreads through blood.