Minister for Science and Research, Senator Chris Evans, today recognised the efforts of the New South Wales Rural Fire Service who spent last night fighting fires surrounding the Siding Spring Observatory - Australia's world leading optical and infrared observatory.
What does NSWRFS stand for?
NSWRFS stands for New South Wales Rural Fire Service (Australia)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Naval Special Warfare Preparatory School (US Navy)
- New South Wales Police Service (Australia)
- New South Wales Primary Schools Sports Association (Australia)
- North Shore Women’s Platform Tennis League
- National Social Work Qualifications Board (Ireland)
- New South Wales Railways (Australia)
- New South Wales Reports (legal cases; Australia)
- Nuclear Salt-Water Rocket
- New South Wales Rifle Association (Australia)
- New South Wales Rugby Football League (Australia)
- New South Wales Rugby League
- New South Wales Regional Office (Bureau of Meteorology; Australia)
- Net Short Wave Radiation Surface
- New South Wales Rail Transport Museum (Australia)
- New South Wales Rugby Union (Australia)
- National Society for Women's Suffrage
- National Surface Water Survey
- Naval Special Warfare System
- Nuclear Shipyard Worker Study
- New South Wales Speleological Council (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
We are shaping up for one of the worst fire danger days on record," said New South Wales Rural Fire Service Commissioner Shane Fitzsimmons.
Ben Shepherd, spokesman for New South Wales Rural fire Service, said: "Thankfully, everyone was taken down and were able to walk away from it.
They have been working through the night and working through the day to strengthen containment lines around the fires," said Cameron Wade of the New South Wales Rural Fire Service.
Runner Up -- MTS Allstream * Changing the World -- New South Wales Rural Fire Service The natural landscape and vegetation of Australia are recognized as some of the most fire prone and volatile in the world.
Ben Shepherd, spokesman for New South Wales rural fire Service, said: "Thankfully, everyone was taken down and were able to walk away from it.
New South Wales Rural Fire Service Commissioner Shane Fitzsimmons said, "The moderation in the weather is clearly the biggest factor out there, and there's even the prospect of some shower activity moving across that fire ground today.
Mother nature is throwing her very worst at us," said John Winter of the New South Wales Rural Fire Service.