Byline: By Tony Bassett THE words of Ricky Gervais, the Simpsons and the Daily Record feature in the new Shorter Oxford English Dictionary.
What does NSOED stand for?
NSOED stands for New Shorter Oxford English Dictionary
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
- National Service for Organized Crime Combat (Bulgaria)
- Northern Society of Oilfield Contractors & Service Firms (Canada)
- Nato Standard Oceanographic Data Base
- National State of the Environment (Department of Environmental Affairs and Tourism; South Africa)
- Natural Source of Energy
- Neag School of Education (Connecticut)
- Network School of Excellence (India)
- Nevada State Office of Energy (Carson City, NV)
- New Sociology of Education
- Nicholas School of the Environment (Duke University; Durham, NC)
- National State of the Environment Report (South Africa)
- Navy Special Operations Force
- Navy Status Of Forces
- No Signature on File (ballots; Washington)
- NOAA Satellite Operations Facility
- Northamptonshire School of Flying (UK)
- Not So Old Farts (gaming clan)
- N-Parallel Version of Software Object-Oriented Fault Injection Tool
- National School of Government (UK)
- New Song of Grace
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to my New shorter Oxford English Dictionary, it can mean, "in the West Indies, Central or Sourth America, a person descended from European settlers or a person descended from black slaves".
Byline: BOB KEEFER The Register-Guard THE NEW SHORTER Oxford English Dictionary, all two volumes and 3,984 pages of it, has been around the house for some time now since its publication late last year.
from the New Shorter Oxford English Dictionary This month I'm going to demonstrate.
5 The New Shorter Oxford English Dictionary, Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1993.