Bangladeshi officials say Nerica -- the New Rice for Africa (BADC and has distributed them to farmers across the country to test their performance in different conditions, its director M.
What does NERICA stand for?
NERICA stands for New Rice for Africa (rice variety)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Nuclear Engineering and Radiation Health Physics
- Nagano Economic Research Institute (Nagano, Japan)
- National Economic Research Institute (China Reform Foundation; Beijing, China)
- National Employee Rights Institute (now Workplace Fairness; Washington, DC)
- National Environmental Research Institute
- New England Research Institutes (Watertown, MA)
- New River Gorge National River (US National Park Service)
- Nuclear Energy Research Initiative
- National Electronics Recycling Infrastructure Clearinghouse
- Northeastern Regional Information Center
- Network of Research Infrastructures for European Seismology
- Núcleo de Estudantes de Relações Internacionais da Faculdade de Economia
- Núcleo de Estudantes de Relações Internacionais da Faculdade de Economia da Associação Académica de Coimbra
- North Essex Resource and Information Line (UK mental health support)
- National Emergency Resource Information Network
- North East Regional Information Partnership (England)
- Núcleo de Estudantes de Relações Internacionais do Porto (Portugal)
- National Educational Resources Information Service (UK)
- North East Regional Information Sharing System (UK)
- North Eastern Regional Institute of Science & Technology (India)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Agricultural development has long been a key component in the TICAD process and Japan has particularly pushed to facilitate rice cultivation with the New Rice for Africa, better known as NERICA which is a hybrid of Asian and African rice strains.
Sasakawa also introduced the New Rice for Africa (Narica) variety which has taken off.