The opposition New National Party (NNP) led by Dr Keith Mitchell captured all 15 seats in general elections, obliterating the incumbent National Democratic Congress (NDC) from the political landscape, reports Caribbean News Now (Feb.
What does NNP stand for?
NNP stands for New National Party
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NNP
We have 55 other meanings of NNP in our Acronym Attic
- Navajo Nation Office of Special Education and Rehabilitation Services
- Nagoya National Parts (Japan)
- National Nanotechnology Program
- National Numbering Plan (telecommunications; various locations)
- National Nutrition Program (UK)
- Nearest Neighbor Problem (mathematics)
- Neonatal Nurse Practitioner
- Net National Product
- Neue Nationale Partei
- Neural Network Processor
- New Nationalist Party (Great Britain)
- Nice Nil Partner (spades)
- Nieuwe Nationale Party
- No Needed Parts
- Noise Normalized Power
- Non-Newtonian Propulsion (physics)
- Norman Network Protection (data security)
- Northwest Natural Products (Vancouver, WA)
- Northwest Novelty Products (founded in 1998, sells advertising specialties and promotional products)
- Nyika National Park (Malawi)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Al-Sadat announced during a press conference two days later that the party, whose name was changed to the New National Party, would seek majority in the coming parliamentary elections due to be held in September.
The New National Party is most capable of redressing the new political balance in Egypt," el-Sadat said amid cheers from his supporters, some of them came from places as far as the governorate of Sharqia in the Nile Delta.
The National Democratic Congress, led by Tillman Thomas, won eleven of the fifteen parliamentary seats at stake, defeating incumbent Keith Mitchell's New National Party.
The party which imposed apartheid on South Africa, before leader FW de Klerk engineered the end of the racially exclusive government, suffered a protracted demise under his successor in the guise of the New National Party.
If anything I said here prompts anyone to launch a new national party, let me make a final recommendation - don't get yourself an animal to serve as a symbol.
Coun Linnecor faced competition from two far-right groups, the British National Party and the New National Party, but they failed to sway voters, gaining less than 1,000 votes between them.
The next five papers assess South African political parties, covering the African National Congress, the Democratic Alliance, the Inkatha Freedom Party, the New National Party, the smaller left parties, and a collection of the smallest parties.