It was - technically - dissolved in March 1660, but had not sat in that form for many years, having been purged of all opposition by the New Model Army in 1648.
What does NMA stand for?
NMA stands for New Model Army
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NMA
We have 250 other meanings of NMA in our Acronym Attic
- Network Management Application (software)
- Network Manifold Associates, Inc (California IT security)
- Network Meta-Analysis (statistics)
- Network Monitoring and Administration (software)
- Network Monitoring and Analysis (Bellcore)
- Nevada Mining Association
- New Media Age (UK)
- New Media Alliance
- New Membership Application
- New Mexico Archives
- Newfoundland Medical Association
- Niagara Musky Association (est. 1994; fish population preservation)
- Nidec Motors & Actuators (France)
- Nigerian Medical Association (Abuja, Nigeria)
- No More Acronyms
- Nobeyama Millimeter Array
- Nocturnal Models Agency (alternative modeling)
- Non-Material Alternative
- Non-Medical Assessment
- Non-Medical Attendant
Samples in periodicals archive:
And famous names such as the Angelic Upstarts, New Model Army, The Stranglers, the Cockney Rejects, Subhumans and Sham 69 all sent items to auction off in the Black Bull pub in Gateshead.
13 THIRTY-THREE years since their inception and New Model Army are as angry as ever.
Labour's Jim Dobbin (Heywood) said it was the first military march on Parliament since the 1649 Bishopsgate Mutiny by Cromwell's New Model Army, while Tory Patrick Mercer, a former Army colonel, said the policy of cuts to the infantry was a "disgrace" and an act of "extreme short-sightedness".
Larkham was something of a religious adventurer: a priest in the Church of England turned New England colonist turned chaplain in Cromwell's New Model Army turned preacher in Cumberland and Ireland turned incumbent in Devon turned Nonconformist minister.
And Saturday saw some outstanding performances from the likes of New Model Army and PiL with John Lydon on suitably top form.
Festival favourites New Model Army last week had all their equipment stolen while they slept at a Black Country hotel.
The group includes Justin Sullivan, former frontman of punk group New Model Army, and Orange Prize short-listed poet Joolz Denby.