Almost a dozen startups with new technologies in energy, health care, and other fields will get a financial leg up in the next three years, thanks to the New Mexico State Investment Council s approval on 25 March 2014 of another $40 million for venture capital investments in local companies.
What does NMSIC stand for?
NMSIC stands for New Mexico State Investment Council
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
- New Mexico Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- New Mexico State Historic Preservation Office
- North Miami Senior High School (Miami, FL)
- New Mexico State Highway & Transportation Department
- National Mobile Station Identity
- National Museum of Science and Industry (London, UK)
- Nebraska Math and Science Initiative (education)
- Neighborhood Main Street Initiative (various locations)
- New Mission Systems International (Fort Myers, FL)
- Northern Merchant Services, Inc. (also seen as NMS; Brasher Falls, NY)
- Near-Miss Sudden Infant Death Syndrome
- Network Management Special Interest Group
- New Mexico Student Incentive Grant
- National Movement Simeon II (Bulgaria)
- New Mexico Statewide Immunization Information System
- Navy Modeling and Simulation Information System
- Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome Information Service (Sherburne, NY)
- Notebook Mate School Kit
- National Maximum Speed Limit
- Nationally Monitored Speed Limit
Samples in periodicals archive:
Counsel for the New Mexico State Investment Council and the Public Employees Retirement Association of New Mexico, and Court-appointed Lead Counsel for the Class
Students at The University of New Mexico's Anderson School of Management are getting investment practice with $7 million in funds provided by the Regents Endowment Fund and New Mexico State Investment Council Any profits from the program go back into the endowment fund.
Confirmed participants include: * CALIFORNIA PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM * COLORADO FIRE & POLICE PENSION SYSTEM * GENERAL MOTORS CORPORATION * NESTLE USA * NEW MEXICO STATE INVESTMENT COUNCIL * UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA * OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY * ONTARIO TEACHERS PENSION PLAN * OREGON STATE TREASURY INVESTMENT DIVISION * SAN DIEGO COUNTY (CA) EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION * TEACHER RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF TEXAS * TEXAS PERMANENT SCHOOL FUND * VERIZON INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT CORPORATION
SAN DIEGO & NEW YORK -- Lerach Coughlin Stoia Geller Rudman & Robbins LLP as Co-Lead Counsel for the Central States Southeast and Southwest Area Pension Funds and Labaton Sucharow & Rudoff LLP as Co-Lead Counsel for the New Mexico State Investment Council and the Educational Retirement Board of New Mexico, have reached a landmark $445 million settlement agreement in the federal securities class action lawsuit to settle litigation filed against HealthSouth, certain of its former directors and officers and certain other parties in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Alabama relating to allegations of massive securities fraud and related activity that occurred at the company during periods ended in March 2003.
Aldus currently manages over $1 billion of private equity assets on behalf of some of the largest pension funds in the nation including New York Common, New Mexico State Investment Council and Louisiana State Employees Retirement System.
Initial investors include CalPERS, the Banc of America California Community Venture Fund, CalSTRS/Banc of America Capital Access Fund, The New Mexico State Investment Council and Wells Fargo Bank.
Confirmed participants include: * CALIFORNIA PUBLIC EMPLOYEES' RETIREMENT SYSTEM * COLORADO FIRE & POLICE PENSION SYSTEM * GENERAL MOTORS CORPORATION * NESTLE USA * NEW MEXICO STATE INVESTMENT COUNCIL * UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA * OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY * ONTARIO TEACHERS PENSION PLAN * OREGON STATE TREASURY INVESTMENT DIVISION * SAN DIEGO COUNTY (CA) EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION * TEACHER RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF TEXAS * TEXAS PERMANENT SCHOOL FUND * VERIZON INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT CORPORATION