The Ether Frolic Mob features a variety of New York musicians, including John Cohen of New Lost City Ramblers and Hubby Jenkins of Carolina Chocolate Drops.
What does NLCR stand for?
NLCR stands for New Lost City Ramblers (band)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of NLCR
We have 2 other meanings of NLCR in our Acronym Attic
- National Lung Cancer Partnership (Madison, WI)
- Navigation Light Control Panel
- Navy Logistics Capability Plan
- New Life Pharmaceutical Corp.
- Northeast Life Care Planning (Maine)
- Nurse Life Care Planner (job title)
- National Legal Center for the Public Interest
- Non-Lapsable Central Pool of Resources (India)
- National Library of the Czech Republic (Prague, Czech Republic)
- Natural Language Call Routing
- Non-Linear Continuum Regression
- National Labor College Scholarship
- National Landscape Conservation System (US Bureau of Land Management)
- National League Championship Series (baseball)
- National Longitudinal Caregiver Study
- New Leadership Charter School
- New Lexington City Schools (Ohio)
- Node Local Coordinate Systems
- North Lawrence Community Schools (various locations, USA)
- North London Collegiate School (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Ray Allen chose a particularly difficult story to tell in Gone to the Country: The New Lost City Ramblers and the Folk Music Revival.
edu GONE TO THE COUNTRY: THE NEW LOST CITY RAMBLERS & THE FOLK MUSIC REVIVAL focuses on the cultural impact of a Northern band's Southern roots music, detailing the evolution and music of the New Lost City Ramblers, who helped foster a resurgence of interest in southern roots music during the folk era of the 1950s and 60s.
In addition to hours of black-and-white and color archival footage and photography, it features exclusive interviews with Joan Baez, photographer John Cohen of the New Lost City Ramblers, Allen Ginsberg, Tony Glover, Al Kooper, Bruce Langhorne, Paul Nelson, Suze Rotolo, Pete Seeger, Dave Van Ronk, Izzy Young of the Folklore Center, and many others.
Tom who has been playing guitar and banjo since the 1940s, was a founder member of both The New Lost City Ramblers and the shortlived Old Reliable String Band.
Her husband Tracy Schwarz joined the New Lost City Ramblers in 1963 and the band produced seven Folkway Albums between 1963 and 1973.
Byline: Tom Long The Boston Globe A memorial service will be held May 4 for Manuel Greenhill of Santa Monica, the founder of the Folk Song Society of Greater Boston and one-time manager of Joan Baez, Doc Watson, the New Lost City Ramblers and other folk music performers.