5 million New Israeli Shekels (US$ 403,000), without having an opportunity to respond to the claim.
What does NIS stand for?
NIS stands for New Israeli Shekel (currency in Israel)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of NIS
We have 278 other meanings of NIS in our Acronym Attic
- Network Information Service (aka Yellow Pages)
- Network Information Services
- Network Information System
- Network Infrastructure Solutions
- Network Integrity Services Ltd (Stockport, Cheshire, UK)
- Networked Information Storage
- Neurological Impairment Scale
- New Immigrant Study
- New Incentive Scheme
- New Independent States
- Newly Independent States
- Nigeria Immigration Service
- NIMA Information Service
- Nippon Ichi Software
- Nishimachi International School (Tokyo, Japan)
- Nitrogen Inerting System (military aviation, fuel subsystem)
- NMCS (Non-Mission Capable Status) Information System (US DoD)
- Noise Information System
- Non-Interactive Sequence (gaming)
- Non-Interventional Study (pharmaceutical development)
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to the modification, the Company increase the price for the Tadiran shares from a price of New Israeli Shekel 186 per share, to a final price of New Israeli Shekel 210 (approximately $51.
You don't come to that language naturally from Romania or north Africa, even here it's an invention like televisia or the New Israeli Shekel, swirling, just out of reach, throat-catching, a cough suspended for forty centuries, any letter hanging duplicitous, beckoning and retreating.
TEL AVIV, Israel -- Ampal-American Israel Corporation - (NASDAQ:AMPL) announced today that it has published a prospectus in Israel for an Israeli-only public offering of its Series C debentures in an aggregate amount of 145 million New Israeli Shekels (approximately 38 million US dollars) which will only be listed on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange.
5 million worth of spoiled New Israeli Shekel bank notes since mid-July is an important step in alleviating the immediate liquidity crisis in Gaza, and is welcome.
7 million New Israeli Shekels (-A[pounds sterling]330,000) at 30 September 2005 for a cash consideration of 200,000 New Israeli Shekels (A[pounds sterling]25,000).
the "Company", "Koor") a leading Israeli investment holding company, announced today that it has successfully raised 400 million New Israeli Shekels (approximately $91.
2 Billion New Israeli Shekels (approximately $322 Million).