The National Institutes of Health, after extensive collaboration with the Chimp Haven federal sanctuary, New Iberia Research Center (NIRC), and other organizations, has developed a plan to formally retire directly to the Federal Sanctuary System all of its chimpanzees at New Iberia that were recently designated as permanently ineligible for biomedical research.
What does NIRC stand for?
NIRC stands for New Iberia Research Center (New Iberia, Louisiana)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NIRC
We have 18 other meanings of NIRC in our Acronym Attic
- Near Infrared Background
- Nevada Institutional Review Board
- New in Retail Box (auction websites)
- NIMA-IMINT Review Board
- Nunavut Impact Review Board (regulatory board; Canada)
- Nanzan Institute for Religion and Culture (Nanzan University; Japan)
- National Industrial Relations Commission (Pakistan)
- National Internal Revenue Code (Philippines)
- Near Infrared Camera (Keck Observatory)
- Ner Israel Rabbinical College
- Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis (Latin: Unimpeded by the Thought Process)
- Notice of Intent to Issue Reexamination Certificate (US Patent and Trademark Office)
- National Insurance Repair Contractors Association (UK)
- National Intercollegiate Running Club Association (est. 2006)
- Non-Isotopic RNAse Cleavage Assay (rheumatology)
- Near Infrared Camera
- Northeastern Indiana Regional Coordinating Council (Fort Wayne, IN)
- N. Indian River County Library (Sebastian, FL)
- Northeast Illinois Regional Commuter Railroad Corporation
- Nationwide Integrated Radio Communication System (Pakistan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
New Iberia Research Center (NIRC) communications regarding the pending transfer of 110 federally owned chimpanzees - recently announced by NIH Director Francis Collins - include notes indicating several of these chimps are "geriatric" and "chronic clinical cases.
Elders: New Iberia Research Center, LA Gwen, 54; Jake, 48; Karen, 48; Billy Ray, 47 Alamogordo Primate Facility, NM Flo, 49; Guy, 47 Yerkes National Primate Research Center, GA Wenka, 52; Cheeta, 49; Lulu, 49; Maxine, 49; Jenda, 48; Reba, 48; Boka, 47 Contact: Karen Smith, 617-523-6020 Alternate: 617-413-0611 E-mail: ksmith@neavs.