She worked to develop strong ties with women's associations in the area such as the Center for Women's Enterprise, South Shore Women's Business Network, New England Women Business Owners (NEWBO), and especially The Commonwealth Institute.
What does NEWBO stand for?
NEWBO stands for New England Women Business Owners (Chestnut Hill, MA)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of NEWBO
- Non-Ecchi Wallers Association (computer wallpapers)
- Nontraditional Employment for Women Act of 1991 (New Mexico)
- NATO Electronic Warfare Advisory Committee
- Naval Electronic Warfare Advisory Group
- North East Wide Area Network
- National Education Welfare Board (est. 2002; Ireland)
- New Employee Welcoming Board (US NASA)
- New Black Overclass
- No Evil Will Befall You
- National Electric Welding Company
- National Engineers Week Committee
- National Equine Welfare Council
- New England Whippet Club
- New England Wildlife Center (South Weymouth, MA)
- New England Writers Centre (est. 1994; Australia)
- North East Windhill Community Association (UK)
- Electronic Warfare Capabilities and Programs of Nato Nations
- Northeast Workshop on Circuits and Systems (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
LaPlante-Dube, past president and a board member of New England Women Business Owners, said the number of women operating businesses from home has increased because of the ease and flexibility home-based businesses offer.
Small Business Administration, North Shore Women in Business, New England Women Business Owners, Home Based Business Women's Network and the Small Business Development Center at Salem State College.
BOSTON -- New England Women Business Owners (NEWBO), the premier organization for women business owners in New England, has announced the election of four new board of directors members for 2004-2005.
New England Women Business Owners (NEWBO), the premier organization for women business owners in New England, has announced that Susan LaPlante-Dube was elected its new President at the NEWBO Annual Meeting on June 9.
She is President-elect of the New England Women Business Owners (NEWBO) organization, and a member of the American Marketing Association (AMA).
Twenty-five years of offering networking, education and peer support for women who own their own businesses will be celebrated by the New England Women Business Owners organization (NEWBO) on May 14, 6:30 -10:30 pm at an event to be held at the Royal Sonesta Hotel in Cambridge.
In 1991, Silverman was honored as Business Woman of the Year by New England Women Business Owners.