A study recently released by the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston's New England Public Policy Center found that Massachusetts cities and towns could save 25 percent to 60 annual operating costs by regionalizing three key service areas: emergency call handling and dispatch, public health services and public pension plan administration.
What does NEPPC stand for?
NEPPC stands for New England Public Policy Center (Federal Reserve Bank of Boston)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
- Networked Environment for Personalized, Ontology-Based Management of Unified Knowledge (software specification)
- New England Power Pool
- NASA EEE Parts and Packaging
- NASA Electronic Parts and Packaging
- National Early Psychosis Project
- National Environmental Policy Plan
- National Environmental Protection Policy
- New England Peaks for Prevention
- Núcleo de Estudos e Pesquisa em Psicoterapia (Portuguese: Center for Studies and Research in Psychotherapy; Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
- New England Promotional Products Association
- Nonepidermolytic Palmoplantar Keratoderma
- National Environmental Performance Partnership System
- National Education Policy Review (Pakistan)
- NATO Electronic Parts Recommendation
- Net Energy Profit Ratio
- New England Public Radio (Amherst, MA)
- Nurse Education, Practice and Retention (US HRSA)
- National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (Pakistan)
- New England Park Ranger Association
- Northeastern Pennsylvania Rocketry Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
This was confirmed by a recent presentation to the New England Counselors of Real Estate in Boston by Bob Tannenwald, a vice president of the Boston Fed and director of its New England Public Policy Center.
More important is the availability of skilled, educated labor, says Robert Tannenwald, economist at the Boston Fed and director of the New England Public Policy Center.
Shapiro, chief economist at Concord-based Gallagher, Callahan & Gartrell, has been appointed to the newly formed advisory board of the New England Public Policy Center of the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
The Brookings report does not delve into whether workers in the Worcester metro area have the kinds of educational degrees required by employers in Worcester, but more on that may become available in October when the New England Public Policy Center of the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston and the Commonwealth Corp.
Robert Tannenwald, vice president and director of the New England Public Policy Center at the Federal Reserve Bank in Boston, said the state's mix of industries helps it keep a relatively low unemployment rate.
Byline: Mark Bilotta COLUMN: AS I SEE IT A recent report by the New England Public Policy Center at the Federal Reserve Bank in Boson identifies a number of challenges to our region and its employers, including the slow growth of individuals aged 22-27 with a bachelor's degree and the slower growth in the number of native young adults.
Antonia Owens of the New England Public Policy Center of the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston has noted that higher educational attainment not only has economic benefits, but is associated with lower crime levels, stronger civic engagement, and higher citizenship rates among foreign-born populations.