She attended the New England Conservatory of Music where she obtained her bachelors degree.
What does NEC stand for?
NEC stands for New England Conservatory of Music (since 1867; in Boston, Massachusetts)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NEC
We have 367 other meanings of NEC in our Acronym Attic
- Network Enterprise Command
- Network Equipment Controller
- Network Event Collector
- Neuro Emotional Complexes
- Neuroendocrine Convertase
- New Embassy Compound
- New Energy Capital (Hanover, NH)
- New Energy Congress
- New Engineering Contract (Institution of Civil Engineers; UK)
- New England College (Henniker, NH)
- New England Council
- New Europe College (Romania)
- New to Exporting Companies (Canada)
- Niagara Escarpment Commission (Canada)
- Nijmeegse Eendrachts Combinatie
- Nippon Electric Company, Ltd. (Japan; now simply NEC)
- No End-Item Calibration
- Nome Eskimo Community (Nome, AK)
- Nominations and Elections Committee
- Non-Elective Contribution (to a qualified retirement plan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
She received degrees in violin performance from the New England Conservatory of Music and the Mannes College of Music, and was also a fellow at the Tanglewood Music Center.
The pair met in Boston, USA, where Katherine is a piano professor at the New England Conservatory of Music, and where Gordon was music director at Walnut Hill, the New England Conservatory's school for gifted young musicians.
The biography (aimed at music lovers and students) recounts his youth in Puerto Rico, studies at the New England Conservatory of Music, and career as official pianist for the Boston Symphony Orchestra and soloist with others.
When his family moved to Boston, his mother enrolled him in the New England Conservatory of Music to study violin, but at 12, after seeing Bill "Bojangles" Robinson perform, Slyde set his ambitions on tap dancing.
Jeong is moving to Boston to continue her graduate studies in violin at the New England Conservatory of Music.
The New England Conservatory of Music where King graduated in 1954 with a master's in voice and violin and received an honorary doctorate in 1971, remembered her through an alumni profile on their Web site at <www.
``In the last decade, everyone was trying as hard as they could to cross over into jazz, into pop, into so many areas,'' said Fisk, the last direct pupil of Spanish guitar legend Andres Segovia and a professor at the University of Mozarteum in Salzburg, Austria, and the New England Conservatory of Music.