In order to assimilate them, and erase their Hebrew-Judaic identities, they are all given new Babylonian names.
What does NB stand for?
NB stands for New Babylonian
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NB
We have 34 other meanings of NB in our Acronym Attic
- Nassif Building (Falls Church, Virginia)
- National Bank
- National Bookstore (Philippines)
- Naval Base
- Navigation Base
- Negative Burn (Quake 3 Clan)
- Neighborhood Business
- Neon Bible (Arcade Fire album)
- Neuberger Berman (asset management firm; est. 1939; various locations)
- Neutral Buoyancy
Samples in periodicals archive:
In ancient times, the best known Chaldean was King Nebuchadnezzar, ruler of the New Babylonian Empire which, from 605 to 562 BC, encompassed much of the Middle East.
They're changing their names, giving them new Babylonian names--even though they were given names connected with the covenant.