The tunnel has been blasted through the rock using explosives, and using the New Austrian Tunneling Method (NATM), which involves stabilization of the tunnel with rock bolts and spray concrete (shotcrete), before being lined with a waterproof membrane and permanent concrete inner shell, the company said.
What does NATM stand for?
NATM stands for New Austrian Tunneling Method
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of NATM
We have 10 other meanings of NATM in our Acronym Attic
- Not A Tagline But Should Be
- National Automobile Transporters Labor Division
- North American Top Level Domain
- National Association of Trial Lawyer Executives
- National Association of Toy and Leisure Libraries
- National Lottery (UK)
- National Association of Trailer Manufacturers
- National Athletic Training Month
- Nebraska Association of Teachers of Mathematics
- New Amalgamated Tunneling and Construction Magazine (civil engineering journal)
- Night at The Museum (movie)
- Not Another Teen Movie
- Not At The Moment
- N Acetyl Tryptophan Methyl Amide
- North America Taiwanese Medical Association (Potomac, MD)
- Naval Assistant to the Military Aide to the President of the United States (cable address for US Navy aide to the President)
- NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) Air Traffic Management Committee
- North American Travel Monitoring Exhibition and Conference (Transportation Research Board; New York, NY)
- North American Transportation Management Institute
- National Military Command System
Samples in periodicals archive:
The tunnel is being constructed with the most advanced technology, known as New Austrian Tunneling Method (NATM), and would pass through the mountain range of Pir Panjal.
The New Austrian Tunneling Method and other state-of-the-art technologies were introduced into the United States.