He is Chairman Emeritus of the New American Schools Corporation, a private, nonprofit, bipartisan organization established by American corporate and foundation leaders in 1991 to restore American education to world preeminence.
What does NAS stand for?
NAS stands for New American Schools
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NAS
We have 400 other meanings of NAS in our Acronym Attic
- Network Administration System
- Network Analysis System (Alcatel)
- Network Application Support
- Network Attached Servers
- Network Attached Storage
- Network Automation System (software)
- Networked Attached Storage
- Networking Architecture and Storage (IEEE International Conference)
- Neuroanaesthesia Society (Birmingham, UK)
- New Accession States
- New American Standard (bible version)
- New Associated States
- New Attack Submarine
- Next Action Star (TV Show)
- Nigerian Academy of Sciences
- Nikon Acquisition Syndrome (slang; urge to buy Nikon equipment or accessories)
- No Added Salt (dietary)
- Node Avionics Simulator
- Non Aliter Specificatus (Latin: Not Further Specified)
- Non-Access Stratum (3GPP)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In 1992, ELS was one of the 11 school designs (out of almost 800 proposals) selected for a major funding effort bankrolled by New American Schools (then New American Schools Development Corporation), a private nonprofit guided by the notion that educational progress was not going to be achieved through incremental means.
RedReck Reports LLC (Las Vegas, NV), a new information services company formed in September for the K-12 education market, has agreed to acquire the assets of School Funding Services (SFS), an online federal grant information service, from New American Schools (Washington, D.
One such event was the creation of the New American Schools Development Corporation in 1991 to develop designs and design teams capable of transforming existing schools into high-performing schools.
The school ran into a major drawback early when it lost an expected grant of up to $200,000 from New American Schools Development Corp.
When the United States in 1991 sank to nearly last among industrialized nations in is math and science education, the Bush Administration charged the New American Schools Development Corp.
And, design team leaders from three of the New American Schools National design teams presented information on their break-the-mold school plans.
As trained advocates for your children, you will ensure that your communities adopt strategies to accommodate and fully empower students with disabilities in New American Schools.