The Preserve features historic museums, galleries, outdoor concerts and events, educational and play areas for children, the future Nevada State Museum, an interpretive trail system, a botanical garden and more.
What does NSMU stand for?
NSMU stands for Nevada State Museum
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of NSMU
We have 1 other meaning of NSMU in our Acronym Attic
- North Saanich Middle School (Canada)
- North Shore Multicultural Society (North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada)
- Naval Ship Missile System Engineering Station
- National Science Museum, Tokyo (Japan)
- National Society of Master Thatchers (UK)
- Nevada School of Massage Therapy (various locations)
- New Social Movement Theory
- North Shore Music Theatre (Beverly, Massachusetts)
- Northcoast Student Music Therapists (Baldwin-Wallace College club)
- Nova Scotia Mathematics Teachers Association (Canada)
- Northern State Medical University (Russia)
- Near Space Maneuvering Vehicle (lighter-than-air vehicle)
- Nijmeegse Studenten Mountainbike Vereniging (Dutch: Nijmegen Mountain Student Association; Nijmegen, Netherlands)
- North Sea Meeting on Venous Diseases (conference)
- National School Meals Week (various locations)
- Nova Scotia Music Week (Canada)
- NASA Space Network
- National Screening Nursery
- National Seismic Network (earthquake monitoring; various nations)
- National Service Network (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
She has three sons and a daughter and is married to Thomas Dyer, exhibits manager at Nevada State Museum.
In Carson City, visitors can choose from a variety of museums and cultural centers, including the Nevada State Museum for a look at historic slot machines, the Nevada State Raildroad Museum to see cars and locomotives of the famous Virginia and Truckee Railroad and the Children's Museum of Northern Nevada with interactive exhibits for all ages.
But earlier this year the Northern Paiute tribe claimed it under NAGPRA, and since then the Bureau of Land Management has prevented the Nevada State Museum from conducting genetics tests on the remains until it makes a ruling on ownership.
``The results are astonishing,'' said Amy Dansie of the Nevada State Museum.
Dennis McBride knew about a collection of photographs given to the Nevada State Museum, but only recently did the curator of history and collections realize the richness of the supply left behind by photographer Jay Florian Mitchell.
Upon completion, the Preserve will feature a series of historic museums, galleries, outdoor concerts/events, the Nevada State Museum & Historical Society, an interpretive trail system, a botanical garden and more.
Brooks Department of Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences Texas A & M University, TAMUS 2258 College Station, Texas 77843-2258 and Houston Museum of Natural Science One Hermann Circle Drive Houston, Texas 77030-1799 * Present Address: Nevada State Museum, 600 North Carson Street Carson City, Nevada 89701-4004 DMB at: dbrooks@hmns.