Since the 1970s, three generations of neutron diffraction instrumentation have been built at the NIST Center for Neutron Research (NCNR); the current instrument is the most versatile and highest resolution neutron powder diffractometer in the United States.
What does NPD stand for?
NPD stands for Neutron Powder Diffractometer
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NPD
We have 171 other meanings of NPD in our Acronym Attic
- National Pig Development
- National Police Department
- National Pollution Discharge Elimination System
- National Preparedness Directorate (US FEMA)
- National Purchase Diary
- Nationaldemokratische Partei Deutschlands (National Democratic Party of Germany)
- Natural Product Discovery
- Navy Procurement Directive
- Network Probe Daemon
- Neutral Particle Detector
Samples in periodicals archive:
The instrumentation available to the crystallographer today at the NIST reactor must be considered as the best in the United States, and, in particular, the new high-resolution neutron powder diffractometer is a world-class instrument whose usefulness will last for many years to come.
The conceptual design for the third-generation BT-1 neutron powder diffractometer was complete by 1984, but fiscal constraints and some engineering problems, particularly with the fabrication of suitable collimators, delayed its completion until 1992.