He describes how networked learning environments should be constructed to give control to learners, and synthesizes theories about learner control, autonomy, self-direction, adult leaning, and other concepts into a single theory of transactional control from a systems perspective.
What does NLE stand for?
NLE stands for Networked Learning Environment
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of NLE
We have 57 other meanings of NLE in our Acronym Attic
- National Level Enclave
- National Level Exercise (US FEMA)
- National Library for the Environment
- National Library of Education
- National Library of Energy (US Department of Education)
- Natural Language Engineering (various organizations)
- NEC Laboratories Europe (est. 1994; various locations)
- Necrotizing Leukoencephalitis
- Neonatal Lupus Erythematosus (disorder)
- Network-Layer Encryption (Cisco)
- New Leader Essentials (boy scouting)
- Niles, Michigan (Airport Code)
- No Longer Employed
- Non Linear Editing (video editing)
- Non-Linear Effect
- Normal Loss Expectancy (insurance)
- North Luzon Expressway (Philippines)
- Not Less or Equal
- National Law Enforcement Associates (New York, NY)
- Newfoundland and Labrador Environmental Association (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
0 is about moving beyond the course towards a more holistic conception of a networked learning environment.
A Networked Learning Environment exists when any student or teacher can view instructional content, collaborate with instructors, evaluate academic performance and access learning resources at any time to achieve their educational objectives.
Providing students with a networked learning environment is central to Sheffield's overall value proposition.
Together these extensive software products support a Networked Learning Environment where students and teachers can learn, connect and share educational materials and resources from practically any location and at any time.
The rich media capabilities of the Helix Universal Server combined with the Blackboard Learning System and a growing number of Building Blocks applications in critical areas such as library management, student information systems, synchronous communication, and more, will enable academic institutions to create a networked learning environment tailored to meet their specific institutional needs.
This internet-based networked learning environment, modeled on the functional structures of real companies, gives students responsibility for running businesses that deliver knowledge-based products and services to actual external customers.
Blackboard is pleased to work with City University of Hong Kong to create a strong networked learning environment that will expand the learning options for its students," said Andrew Rosen, President of Blackboard's international business.