Ojo supports industry standards, including session initiation protocol (SIP) and network-based call signaling (NCS), making the product interoperable with video phones provided by other manufacturers, as well as other devices that can be used for video communications, such as PC-based applications.
What does NCS stand for?
NCS stands for Network-based Call Signaling (Packet Cable)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of NCS
We have 432 other meanings of NCS in our Acronym Attic
- Network Centric Solutions (US Navy)
- Network Centric Systems (Raytheon division)
- Network Characterization System
- Network Clock Synchronization
- Network Communication Server
- Network Communications System
- Network Computing System (Apollo)
- Network Control Station/Ship/System
- Network Coordination Centre (INMARSAT)
- Network Coordination Station (ITU-T)
- Networking & Computing Services
- Neural Computing Systems, LLC (Irvine, California)
- Neurocardiogenic Syncope
- Neurologic Clinical Specialist (physical therapy specialization/certification)
- Never Caught Slippin' (online community)
- New Cambridge Shakespeare (Cambridge University Press; UK)
- New Career Skills (UK)
- Newark Charter School (Newark, Delaware)
- Newark City Subway (Newark, NJ, USA)
- Newborn Calf Serum
Samples in periodicals archive:
0 of the iMerge Network-based Call Signaling Gateway (NCSG), an Internet protocol (IP) telephony solution that allows service providers to deliver multiple full-featured voice lines to customers who are currently limited to video and data services.
BrixCall now provides support for the Network-based Call Signaling (NCS) protocol commonly used in cable environments, and correlates passive monitoring thresholds and active test results to help automate and streamline troubleshooting, fault isolation, and overall call quality and performance in a cable infrastructure.
Targeted at VoIP service providers offering Network-based Call Signaling (NCS)- or Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)-based telephony services, Voice CSC is a Sigma Service Management Application that serves as a self-service web portal.
These new services and applications enable residential users to better manage their incoming voice calls using Lucent's iMerge Network-based Call Signaling Gateway (NCSG) platform.
The G6 Universal Media Gateway Platform is a true carrier class, PacketCable(TM)-compliant solution providing full redundancy along with the capability of simultaneously supporting PacketCable Line Control (LCS) and Network-based Call Signaling (NCS) from a single G6 platform.
Called the iMerge(TM) Network-based Call Signaling (NCS) Gateway, this solution enables cable operators to deploy a converged, IP solution in their access network while still leveraging their existing switches for connection to the public telephone network.
The G6 Universal Media Gateway Platform is a true carrier class, PacketCable-compliant solution providing full redundancy along with the capability of simultaneously supporting PacketCable Line Control (LCS) and Network-based Call Signaling (NCS) from a single G6 platform.