The tunnels hide certain packet header information that may be needed by existing services, including QoS, access control lists, firewalls, NetFlow monitoring and network-based application recognition.
What does NBAR stand for?
NBAR stands for Network-Based Application Recognition (Cisco)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of NBAR
We have 6 other meanings of NBAR in our Acronym Attic
- New Beginnings Are Possible (Milwaukee, WI)
- Node B Application Part (UMTS network)
- Neuropsychology Behavior & Affect Profile-Dementia
- National Basketball Association Player's Association
- New Brunswick Aboriginal Peoples Council (New Brunswick, Canada)
- New Brunswick Alliance of Professional Outfitters (Canada)
- North Branch Area Public Schools (North Branch, MN)
- Nadir BRDF (Bidirectional Reflectance Distribution Function) Adjusted Reflectance (spectrometer; astronomy)
- National Bank of Azerbaijan Republic (Azerbaijan)
- National Bureau of Asian Research
- Non Binding Preliminary Allocation of Responsibility
- Nonbinding Allocation of Responsibility
- North Bay Amateur Radio Association (Vallejo, CA)
- New Bern Amateur Radio Club (North Carolina)
- North Brevard Amateur Radio Club (Mims, FL)
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (India; finance industry)
- New Brunswick Association of Real Estate Appraisers (Canada)
- National Black Advocacy, Reform, Education & Freedom Society
- NIH (National Institute of Health) Backup and Recovery Service
- New Brunswick Association of Respiratory Therapists (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
As part of the agreement, Citrix will support Cisco's Network-Based Application Recognition technology with its Independent Computing Architecture, enabling users to classify and prioritise Citrix-based network traffic.
The Cisco 7304 NPE-G100 also delivers support for multicast, Any Transport over MPLS (AToM); Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF)-Select, which enables network operators to provide the appearance of multiple network topologies on a single interface; and network-based application recognition (NBAR) services that allow customers to support a wide variety of connection types tightly coupled with advanced packet inspection for intelligent networking.
today announced that it is testing Cisco Systems' new Network-Based Application Recognition (NBAR) technology for deployment in its network to improve application access and performance.
Network Classification Mechanisms: Cisco is introducing Network-Based Application Recognition (NBAR), a new classification engine that can recognize a wide variety of applications, including web-based applications and client/server applications that dynamically assign TCP or UDP port numbers.
CiscoAssure leverages intelligent features found in Cisco IOS(TM) software and Cisco network devices with registration and directory services, network-based application recognition and policy activation components distributed throughout enterprise networks.