With CVE, network security databases and tools can "speak" to each other for the first time.
What does NSDB stand for?
NSDB stands for Network Security Database
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of NSDB
We have 5 other meanings of NSDB in our Acronym Attic
- Nova Scotia Department of Agriculture and Marketing
- Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei (NAZI Party)
- New School of Design Art and Performance
- Nova Scotia Diabetes Assistance Program (Department of Health; Canada)
- National Society Daughters of the American Revolution
- National Science and Development Board (Philippines)
- National Science Development Board
- National Soil Database
- National Sourcing Database
- Network and Services Database (Telcordia Technologies)
- Network Systems Data Base (Hekimian)
- Node Specification Database
- National Security and Defense Council (Ukraine)
- National Skills Devolpment Centre (India)
- National Square Dance Convention
- National Staff Development Council (Oxford, Ohio)
- Network Systems Design Conference (San Jose, California)
- North Shropshire District Council (UK)
- Nunavut Social Development Council
- National Square Dance Campers Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
A publicly available and free list of standardized identifiers for common computer vulnerabilities and exposures, the CVE[R] standard uses common nomenclature to identify software vulnerabilities and flaws, making it easier to share vulnerability and security exposure data across separate network security databases and tools, and provides a baseline for evaluating the coverage of an organization's security tools.
frequent Web-based updates of NetSonar vulnerability rules and network security database (NSDB) updates supported by Cisco's Countermeasures Research Team.