OmniTraversal resolves a conflict that occurs when VPNs are used behind the Network Address Port Translation (NAPT or NAT) protocol that is regularly used in firewalls, routers and broadband access devices.
What does NAPT stand for?
NAPT stands for Network Address Port Translation
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of NAPT
We have 18 other meanings of NAPT in our Acronym Attic
- National Action Plan for Salinity and Water Quality (Australia)
- Nabtesco Automotive Products (Thailand)
- National Association for Poetry Therapy
- National Association for Prevention of Tuberculosis of Great Britain
- National Association for Proton Therapy
- National Association for Pupil Transportation
- National Association of Plumbing Teachers
- Native American Public Telecommunications
- Naval Air Primary Training (US Navy)
- Navy Advanced Placement Test (US Navy)
- New Asia Professional Timer
- North American Poker Tour (PokerStars)
- North American Proficiency Testing Program (Logan, UT; Soil Science Society of America)
- Network Address Port Translator - Protocol Translator
- National Alliance of Public Transportation Advocates
- National Association for the Prevention of Teacher Abuse
- National Association of Professional Teaching Assistants (UK)
- Naval Air Primary Training Command (US Navy)
- Naval Air Propulsion Test Center
- National Association of Psychiatric Treatment Centers for Children (Washington, DC)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The solutions include Network Address Port Translation (NAPT), DHCP server and client, DNS and DHCP relay, support for multiple subnets, IP filtering firewall, and optional VPN.
It features a dedicated hardware engine for network access translation, network address port translation, firewall and over 50 application layer gateways.
NAT and Network Address Port Translation (NAPT) support for SIP and H.
Network Address Translation -- Network Address Port Translation, (NAPT) and Multi-NAT map internal to external IP addresses, securing internal addresses.
Marvell's NAT solution supports both Basic Network Address Translation (BNAT) and Network Address Port Translation (NAPT) and interfaces seamlessly to the existing GalNet-3 multi-layer switch processors.
This advanced feature endpoint provides advanced routing features, including an integrated Dynamic Host Control Protocol (DHCP) server for simplified local IP administration, Network Address Translation (NAT) for simple integration into existing Ethernet networks, and Network Address Port Translation (NAPT) for reducing IP address cost and complexity.
Address translation - Network Address Port Translation (NAPT) and Multi-NAT for efficient shared Internet access