com are choosing the Open Directory Project for new ways to view the Web," said Chris Tolles, Director of Marketing at the Netscape Open Directory Project.
What does NOD stand for?
NOD stands for Netscape Open Directory (software)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of NOD
We have 79 other meanings of NOD in our Acronym Attic
- Contract for Adjutant-General (US Navy)
- Contract Written by Secretary of Navy's Office (US Navy)
- Naito-Oyanagi Disease
- Nation of Domination (pro wrestling)
- Nation Of the Damned
- National Organization on Disability
- Natural Organic Demand
- Navy Ordnance Depot
- Nederlandse Onderzoek Databank (Dutch: Dutch Research Database)
- Nemocnica na Okraji Disku (Czechoslovakian pun)
- Network Operations Division
- Network Outward Dialing
- New Order of Destruction (gaming)
- New Orleans District (USACE)
- NHK (Nippon Hoso Kyokai) On Demand (Japan Broadcasting Corporation)
- Night Observation Device
- Night of Darkness (music event)
- Nightingale on Demand (computer application for physicians and healthcare providers)
- Nitric Oxide Dioxygenase
- Nitrogenous Oxygen Demand
Samples in periodicals archive:
AltaVista is using Tribal Voice Inc for its instant messaging, as ComputerWire revealed a couple of weeks ago and it is apparently going to use America Online Inc's Netscape Open Directory project, a user-edited directory Netscape got from its November 1998 acquisition of Newhoo.
The search functionality in Netscape 6 defaults to the Netscape Search service, which is powered by the Netscape Open Directory Project - the no.
com Using Netscape's Netcenter technology, MiWeb World employs the same open partner model pioneered by the Netscape Open Directory which, in less than a year since its creation, has become one of the fastest growing Internet directories in the world today.
When the acquisition is complete NewHoo will be renamed again, this time as the Netscape Open Directory.
The Netscape Open Directory Project, the most comprehensive Internet directory, is the first directory built and maintained by the web community at large.
The My Netscape Network employs the same open partner model pioneered by the Netscape Open Directory which, in less than a year since its creation, has become one of the fastest growing Internet directories in the world today.
The Company also hit such milestones as 105 million downloads of its browsers in a two-year period; Netscape Open Directory Project surpassing 1.