A WINS server is a Microsoft NetBIOS name server that eliminates the need for broadcast packets to resolve a NetBIOS computer name to an IP address.
What does NBNS stand for?
NBNS stands for NetBIOS Name Server
This definition appears frequently
See other definitions of NBNS
We have 2 other meanings of NBNS in our Acronym Attic
- No Brains No Headaches
- National Board for Nursing, Midwifery and Health Visiting for Northern Ireland
- New Business New Life (UK)
- Nothing but Net League (Long Island University; New York)
- Natural Bridges National Monument (Utah)
- New Breed New Orleans (community project)
- Nordic Baltic Network of Policewomen (Copenhagen, Denmark)
- North Bay Nature Photography
- Necessary But Not Sufficient
- NetBIOS (Network Basic Input/Output System) Naming Service (Internet Infrastructure)
- National Board of Nutrition Support Certification
- National Biodiversity Network Trust (UK)
- New Brunswick Nurses Union (Canadian Labour Union)
- Nuclear Berkeley, Nuclear World (website)
- National Bank of New Zealand
- Nairobi, Kenya - Jomo Kenyatta International (Airport Code)
- National Brand Owner
- National Building Organization
- National Business Online (New Zealand directory)
- Natural Bond Orbital
Samples in periodicals archive:
; an NT-oriented SNMP MIB to support the new event types; NetBIOS Name Server (NBNS) compatibility for the maintenance of domain name services; conformance to Microsoft's Remote Procedure Call (RPC) mechanism to support remote systems management across TCP/IP networks; and Network Information Directory Services management for the addition/removal of users.
The protocol software includes full support for NetBIOS over TCP/IP, and is fully interoperable with NTS' DHCP, DNS and NetBIOS name server, as well as Microsoft's WINS and DHCP servers.