Also called net zero energy buildings and, in the European Union (EU), nearly zero energy buildings (nZEBs), ZEBs bring together existing energy efficient technologies to form a high-performance building.
What does NZEB stand for?
NZEB stands for Net Zero Energy Building (production/consumption balance)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NZEB
We have 2 other meanings of NZEB in our Acronym Attic
- Nationaal Zweminstituut Eindhoven (Dutch: National Swimming Institute of Einhoven)
- Net Zero Energy (building or development that generates as much energy on-site as it consumes)
- New Zealand English
- New Zealand Stock Exchange
- New Zealand Embalmers Association
- New Zealand Esperanto Association
- New Zealand Educational Administration and Leadership
- New Zealand Educational Administration and Leadership Society
- New Zealand Education Adviser Services
- New Zealand Educational Administration Society
- New Zealand Export Books (est. 1985)
- Near-Zero Emissions Coal (bilateral project; UK and China)
- New Zealand Education Centre (Bangkok, Thailand)
- New Zealand Electricity Commission
- Non Zero Exit Code (computer programming)
- New Zealand Export Credit Office
- New Zealand Education Directory (online resource; est. 1998)
- New Zealand Electricity Department
- New Zealand Engineering Excellence (Awards)
- New Zealand Electricity Engineers Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
The next trend I foresee is embracing the goal of becoming a zero energy or net zero energy building which has zero energy consumption and zero carbon emissions and relies on exceptional energy conservation and then on-site renewables to meet all of its heating, cooling and electricity needs.
The building's combination of good basic design, the integration of advanced technologies and a welt thought-out plan for the future have laid a path toward achieving Net Zero Energy Building Certification over the next year," said Jim Coyle, senior project manager, Pankow Builders.
The 1,000 square-metre building will be a net zero energy building and is expected to come online in less than three years.
James Boyd, Vice Chair of the California Energy Commission: "Building designers need new and advanced tools in order to meet our net zero energy building goals.
By evaluating the performance of the net zero energy building complex aiming for zero energy consumption, Daikin Europe intends to promote overall energy conservation in its building equipment proposals.
Advanced energy design guide for highway lodging; achieving 30% energy savings toward a net zero energy building.
The Aldo Leopold Legacy Center is the first net zero energy building in Wisconsin and the first carbon neutral building certified by LEED.