Ingves said the Basel Committee is still committed to put into effect a third plank of Basel III, the net stable funding ratio to limit dependence on short-term funding, by the end of 2018.
What does NSFR stand for?
NSFR stands for Net Stable Funding Ratio (economics)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of NSFR
We have 4 other meanings of NSFR in our Acronym Attic
- National Science Foundation Network
- National Strategy for Neighbourhood Renewal (UK)
- Navy Standard/Special Fuel Oil
- Neighborhood Schools for Our Children
- North Seattle Families of Multiples (parenting organization; Washington)
- National Service Framework for Older People (UK)
- Non Stock Fund Orders/Payables
- NIAC (NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) Institute of Advanced Concepts) Student Fellows Prize
- Norsk Selskap for Filosofisk Praksis (Norwegian: Norwegian Society for Philosophical Practice; Oslo, Norway)
- Not Safe for Parents
- New Single-Family Residence
- North Shore Feline Rescue (Middleton, MA)
- National Silver Fox Rabbit Club
- National Science Foundation Research Experience (undergraduate research program)
- National Society of Fund Raising Executives (now the Association of Fundraising Professionals, AFP)
- National School Fruit Scheme (UK)
- Naval Surface Fire Support
- Normalized Squared Flow Sum (network traffic)
- Norsk Selskap for Sykepleieforskning (Norwegian: Norwegian Society for Nursing Research)
- Not Safe for School
Samples in periodicals archive:
replaced by the Liquidity Coverage Ratio (LCR) as of January first, 2015 and by the Net Stable Funding Ratio (NSFR) as of January first, 2018.
Basel 3 requires banks to maintain two liquidity parameters -- one for short term resiliency called as liquidity coverage ratio and the other for longer term resiliency called net stable funding ratio.
Lloyds, up 9 per cent, is among the biggest beneficiaries from another change to the Basel proposals that the funding of loans be more closely matched, via a now less stringent net stable funding ratio .
As per liquidity rules that are being finalised by the Basel Committee, banks would have to maintain a net stable funding ratio of 100 per cent.
Apart from producing the required metrics, namely Liquidity Coverage Ratio (LCR), Net Stable Funding Ratio (NSFR), credit line usage ratio, asset maturity mismatches and funding concentration, the Calypso platform also allows treasurers to understand the key significant currencies by running balance sheets at a currency level.
In addition, the committee confirmed that it will revise its original proposals for a Net Stable Funding Ratio to ensure a minimum level of liquidity at a bank-by-bank level.
Basel III liquidity standards issued by the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision in December 2010 include two ratios: the liquidity coverage ratio (LCR) and net stable funding ratio (NSFR).