If it becomes probable that the asset will not be acquired or constructed, capitalized costs in excess of the net realizable value of the entity's interest in the asset are charged to expense.
What does NRV stand for?
NRV stands for Net Realizable Value
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of NRV
We have 40 other meanings of NRV in our Acronym Attic
- National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation (Herndon, VA)
- North Raleigh United Church (Raleigh, NC)
- National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation
- Northern Rivers University Department of Rural Health
- National Research University Fund (Texas)
- Numbering Resource Utilization/Forecast
- Not Recently Used Not Recently Written (computer cache indexing)
- Nonlinear Resonant Ultrasound Spectroscopy
- New River United Soccer Association (Virginia)
- Natural Range of Variability (forest management)
- Net Reserve Value (accounting)
- Neue Richtervereinigung eV (German: New Judge Combination)
- New River Valley (North Carolina and Virginia)
- No Redeeming Value
- Non Return Valve
- Norddeutscher Regatta Verein (North German Regatta Association)
- Nutrient Reference Values (Australia)
- National Risk and Vulnerability Assessment
- New River Valley Apartment Council (Blacksburg, VA)
- New River Valley Association of Realtors (Virginia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
When calculating the net realizable value of assets, the Service uses "quick sale value" (QSV) (80% of fair market value).
Previously, accounting standards required companies to carry inventories at the lower of cost or net realizable value.
The preferred valuation basis for assets should be net realizable value because such values are readily observable in the market and understandable to users, avoid arbitrary cost allocations, are easily comparable and help with performance assessments.
0 million in our remaining real estate assets, due to a revision of the estimated selling costs and certain contractual provisions which we believed impacted the net realizable value of our real estate assets and a $1.
The restructuring charges include primarily the write-down of intangible and tangible assets to net realizable value, along with certain charges related to its 1994 "re-engineering" plan.
Amortizing the amounts reported as assets over the estimated benefit period based on the proportion of current-period revenue from the advertising to probable remaining future revenue, subject to a net realizable value test.
Dollars) one-time charge against earnings in the third quarter for a number of non-recurring items including the write down of inventory from the 2005 crop to its net realizable value.