The effective date of the purchase of the property is May 1, 2010, and the price paid for the property is US$190,000 plus the assumption of any abandonment retirement obligations associated with the property, estimated to have a net present value of US$88,083 assuming annual cost inflation of 3% and using a discount rate of 10% per annum to discount back to present value.
What does NPV stand for?
NPV stands for Net Present Value
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of NPV
We have 35 other meanings of NPV in our Acronym Attic
- National Progressive Unionist Party (also seen as Tagammu; political party; Egypt)
- Northern Plains Undergraduate Research Center (University of South Dakota)
- New Prairie United School Corporation (New Carlisle, IN)
- National Pingtung University of Science and Technology (Taiwan)
- North Penn United Way (Pennsylvania)
- Naperville (Amtrak station code; Naperville, IL)
- National Park Village (Estes Park, CO)
- National Popular Vote
- Negative Predictive Value (parameter of diagnostic examination in medicine)
- Net Pore Volume
Samples in periodicals archive:
Interbrand uses a combination of analysts' projections, company financial documents, and its own qualitative and quantitative analysis to arrive at a net present value of those earnings.
1832(b) factors (discussed below); and (5) the calculation of a negative net present value for LP.
For certain property types the net present value tax savings can be substantial.
This article demonstrates how to use a decision tool called net present value (NPV) analysis to evaluate a project's long-term financial costs and benefits.
Fortunately, if this comes to a dispute, accountants and non-financial experts can agree some common ground: the value of an enterprise to its shareholders is the net present value of future cash flows between the company and its shareholders (essentially dividends plus buybacks minus rights issues) discounted at the cost of capital.
The net present value of a Roth IRA in this case would be a negative $1,292 ($5,083 cost minus $3,791 savings).
In order to find the nature of investment the basic investment appraisal criterion, the Net Present Value of the discounted revenue streams, will be used.