The state's investor-owned utilities-PG&E, SDG&E and SCE-are trying to end net energy metering (NEM), a successful policy in 43 states that gives consumers fair credit for the solar they deliver to the grid.
What does NEM stand for?
NEM stands for Net Energy Metering (electricity)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of NEM
We have 87 other meanings of NEM in our Acronym Attic
- New England Lego Users Group
- Natural Environment Research Council/Economic and Social Research Council Land Use Programme (UK)
- North East London Workforce Development Confederation (UK)
- Northeasterly (Weather Reports)
- NAAQS (National Ambient Air Quality Standards) Exposure Model
- National Electricity Market (Australia)
- National Execution Measures (EU directive)
- Natural Eggshell Membrane (dietary supplement)
- Nemaline Myopathy
- Net energy for maintenance (livestock feeding)
Samples in periodicals archive:
On Oahu, this project joins a growing portfolio of renewable resources, including: an expanding waste-to-energy plant; a waste gasification plant in development; a new wind farm; other solar farms under development; renewable projects existing and being developed under the Feed-in Tariff and an enlarged Net Energy Metering program; as well as biofueling of new and existing power plants.